Driving together during our Prelude Drive has become one of our most popular activities. For 2018, we’ve added a day to the beginning of the event just for driving
May 2 – Wednesday
We’ll meet at the Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro, North Carolina to stage for our first day of driving. For those that arrive in time, we plan to have dinner at “Monte De Rey Mexican Restaurant” which is an easy walk from the hotel. ~6:30 PM
May 3 – Thursday
Departure time TBA – We’ve set a route that includes a few stretches from past events along with some new ones, including US-421 “The Snake”.
- Lunch will be cookout style at a picnic area along the route. Thanks to support from LeatherZ and Jon Maddux, we will enjoy authentic traditional Bavarian fare, with premium sausages flown in from a secret source.
- After lunch, the Freude am Fahren continues . The days end point is the Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville I-26, near Asheville airport. Once settled, we will head to Sierra Nevada Brewing in nearby Mills River for a brew and dinner. Shuttle will be available.
May 4 – Friday
Departure Time TBA – There will be a bit more driving, but we are heading to Greer, South Carolina and the BMW Plant Spartanburg metroplex.
- We have been invited once again to visit the BMW CCA Foundation. When we arrive, they will be in the process of assembling their next exhibition: “The ICON. 50 years of the 2002” . There is an admission charge, but Schuh Syndikat is covering it for registered attendees! Please bring your BMW CCA membership cards so we can get your club discount.
- The BMW Zentrum has re-opened, so we will pay a visit to see what’s on display.
- At this writing, BMW Factory Tours are suspended, should they restart, I will try to arrange tickets for that afternoon.
- A run up I-85 to Charlotte will bring us to the Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte -North for our Friday rituals of car wash and snacks. Friday Dinner is ad-hoc, with a couple of options close-by, including the hotel grill.
May 5 – Saturday
After a couple of years hiatus, Cars and Coffee Charlotte has a steady location again, so we will attend as a group.
- Group photo, lunch, and an afternoon activity are still TBA, with a couple of options on the table.
- Dinner 6:00 PM – Thanks to support from the Z-Series Car Club of America (ZSCCA), our evening dinner and awards will be hosted at The Speedway Club at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The cost is $20 PP for a really amazing buffet meal.
May 6 – Saturday
We’ll share breakfast one last time and bid farewell until 2019.